In June, we will elect a new Superintendent to oversee the San Mateo County Office of Education (SMCOE), and to join the San Mateo County Board of Education’s governance team upon the retirement of Dr. Anne Campbell.
Two current SMCOE leaders that have thrown their hats into the ring for this election:
- Nancy Magee, SMCOE’s current Associate Superintendent of the Student Services Division &
- Dr. Gary Waddell, SMCOE’s current Deputy Superintendent of the Instructional Services Division.
Both candidates have experience in the realm of special needs, and we have asked them to give us their thoughts on this topic, and to answer a series of questions in a Virtual Forum on our snkids.org site.
In preparation for this Virtual Forum, we would love to have you input on questions to pose — please submit them via the CONTACT form below by April 13, 2018. Thank you!
If you are interested in meeting Nancy Magee and Dr. Gary Waddell in person, they have the following Candidate Forums scheduled during in the next couple of months:
- 4Cs (Child Care Coordinating Council) and Community Gatepath – April 21, 10 – 11:30 am, Sobrato Center for Non-Profits, Redwood Shores, 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City.
- The League of Women Voters – April 28, 3:30-5 pm, Woodside Methodist Church, 2000 Woodside Road, Redwood City.
- Jewish Community Relations Council and Peninsula Temple Sholom – April 29, 3-5 pm, 1655 Sebastian Dr., Burlingame.
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation – May 11, 12-1 pm, 1300 El Camino Real, Ste 100, San Mateo.
We look forward to receiving your questions, and we will put them together with some of our own to learn as much as we can from the Nancy and Gary about their work in the realm of special education, about their positions on current systems and policies, and about their and plans and hopes for the future of Special Needs Kids in our County.