« All Events
San Mateo Foster City School District Board Meeting – December 6, 2018
December 6 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm PST
- Disproportionate Suspensions for Students with Disabilities (S1 -March 2018)
- Easy bathroom access for changing disabled students to stop interfering with education time (S2 – September 2018). UPDATED 15 November 2018 – Question – when will temporary and permanent fixes be put in place?
- Lack of full support from contracted para-educators who don’t provide changing services for disabled students further reducing class time for special education teachers (S3- September 2018). – UPDATED 15 November 2018 – Question – when will the SELPA contracts be changed?
- “Pocket Suspensions” – a part of the Highlands situation, where a special education student seems to be kept out of class in an administrative office due to discipline problems, but not suspended. Thus, not being either suspended or educated (S4 – October 2018).
- Schedule for the Dyslexia Plan and implementation (S5- September 2018)
- Updating special education, 504, and other related policies (S6 – 1 November 2018) – UPDATED 15 November 2018 – Question – when will the board see the new policies and vote on them?
- Financial tracking and reporting (consent agenda items) (S7 – 1 November 2018)
- Safety and Inclusion issues throughout the district (Laurel Elementary and Highlands) (S8 – October 2018).
- Schedule for action plan to meaningfully improve special education performance (S9 – 1 November 2018)
- Add Students with Disabilities and 504 Students issues to LCAP Local Indicators (S10 – 1 November 2018).
- Performance Gap for Students with Disabilities, its not a matter of curriculum (S11 – 7 December 2017).
- Intentional space planning for special education (inclusion, fewer transfers, teacher collaboration) (S12 – 15 November 2018).
- Better data on Absenteeism, better performance (not just for special education students) (S13 – 15 November 2018).
- PBIS, data, and students with disabilities (S14 – 15 November 2018)
Topics of note
- Equity Task Force
- California Dashboard –
- Budget and First Interim Financial Report
Progress Updates (per minutes – link to follow once they get finalized)
- Awaiting meeting and meeting minutes